If you’re looking for a dinner that’s fresh, flavorful and full of just the right amount of zest and tang, then look no further than this Grilled Salsa Fresca Chicken. Perfect for a warm summer night, this meal comes together quickly and is a great way to pack veggies and protein into one main dish!
Grilled Salsa Fresca Chicken
- 5 vine-ripe tomatoes, seeded and medium diced
- ½ red onion, peeled and small diced
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and small diced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 ½ Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- Juice of ½ lime
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 ears of shucked corn
- 4 7-9-oz.boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup crumbled queso fresco
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium size bowl, mix together the tomatoes, onions, jalapeños, cilantro, red wine vinegar, lime juice, salt and pepper until combined. Set aside.
- In a grill pan over medium heat, add in the olive oil and cook the shucked corn for 3-4 minutes per side or until lightly browned.
- Trim the corn, add the cooked kernels to the salsa and mix until combined. Set in the refrigerator to keep cool.
- Season the chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper and in the same pan over medium heat with olive oil. Add the chicken and cook for 5-6 minutes per side or until completely cooked through and grill marks have formed.
- Remove the chicken and serve with the corn salsa fresca and queso fresco.