The following recipe was created in collaboration with Lauren Schulte. To see more of her bites and meals, visit her Instagram @TheBiteSizePantry.
When the weather is warm and the corn is sweet, it’s the perfect time to get out and grill this dinnertime treat.
If there’s two foods my family loves to grill, its hot dogs and street corn. I decided to combine the two and top our favorite beef franks with a zesty Mexican-inspired street corn. Trust me when I say that this is about to be the meal of the summer.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 4 Eisenberg hot dogs
- 4 brioche buns
- 6 ears of fresh sweet corn or one bag of Heinen’s frozen sweet corn
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- ½ small red onion, diced
- 2 green onion stalks, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup mayo
- ¾ cup feta cheese crumbles or queso fresco
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen’s organic chipotle ranch dressing, for drizzling
- Preheat the grill to 425˚F and spray the grill grates with Heinen’s avocado oil spray.
- Spritz the ears of corn with avocado oil spray and place them on the grill. Close the hood and let cook for 3 minutes, then flip. Allow to cook for another 3-5 minutes. Remove from the grill and set aside to cool.
- Place the hot dogs on the grill. Cook for 5 minutes on each side. Place the buns on the hot grill for the last couple of minutes until toasted.
- Turn off the grill but leave the hot dogs and buns on it to keep warm.
- Once the corn is cool to the touch, shave the kernels off of each cob with a sharp knife.
- Place the kernels in a mixing bowl, add the rest of the ingredients, excluding the hot dogs and buns, and mix well.
- Slice a thin slit long ways in each hotdog. This allows the street corn to get into every bite.
- Place each hot dog in a toasted bun and top with a generous portion of the street corn.
- Drizzle with Heinen’s organic chipotle ranch dressing and enjoy!