3 ears of fresh corn, un-shucked
1 sliced golden yellow squash
1 sliced zucchini
1 peeled and thickly sliced sweet onion
2 seeded and large sliced purple bell peppers
4 quartered Roma tomatoes
2 tablespoons of olive oil + ½ cup more
2 8-ounce boxes of Banza penne pasta
4 leaves of chiffonade fresh basil
sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
1. Preheat a grill to high heat, 450° to 550°.
2. Coat the prepared squash, zucchini, onions, peppers and tomatoes with 2 tablespoons of olive and salt and pepper and bring it out to the grill along with the corn.
3.Place the corn in the husks directly onto the grill and cook for 10 minutes with the door shut.
4. Next, flip the corn over and place down the remaining vegetables and cook for 1 to 2 minutes per side. Note: You only want to mark them and slightly cook them so that they remain al dente or slightly crunchy.
5. Once all of the vegetables are cooked remove them from the grill. Finish the vegetables by thinly sliced the bell peppers and onions, and then shuck and trim the corn of the cob. Keep warm.
6. Boil the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until they are al dente. Strain and to a large bowl with the cooked vegetables, ½ cup of olive oil and salt and pepper and toss.
7. Finish the pasta with fresh chopped basil.