The following recipe was created in collaboration with Lauren Schulte. To see more of her bites and meals, visit her Instagram @TheBiteSizePantry.
This taco dip is so delicious, it’s scary!
Featuring layers of classic taco ingredients, including refried beans, ground beef, guacamole, sour cream, roasted peppers, cheese and salsa, of course, this dip gets all of it’s spook factor from decorative elements.
With a little creativity and the help of sour cream, black olives and rectangular crackers, you can mummify your taco dip or give it some grave yard garnishes. It’s easy to do and will surely pop on the table at any Halloween party.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 2 Containers of Dip
- 3 lbs. Heinen’s 85% lean CARE Certified ground beef
- 16 oz. refried beans
- 16 oz. sour cream, plus 8 oz. for mummy wrap drizzle
- 2 cups Heinen’s roasted peppers, diced
- 1/4 cups black olive pearl slices
- 24 oz. Heinen’s mild organic salsa
- 4 cups Heinen’s Mexican shredded cheese blend
- 2 1/2 cups Heinen’s guacamole
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- Bunch of green onions, chopped
- Brown the ground beef, add the taco seasoning packet and mix well.
- Grab two serving platters and spread half of the refried beans on the bottom of each.
- Add half of the cheese to each dish.
- Add a layer of ground beef to each dish followed by a layer of roasted peppers, a layer of salsa, a layer of sour cream and finally, a layer of guacamole.
- Garnish with green onions.
- For the mummy dip, drizzle thin lines of sour cream across the top of the dip to resemble bandages. Place black olives slices and roasted red pepper bits in the center for eyes.
- For the graveyard dip, break apart rectangular crackers to form tombstones. Use cake decorating gel to write phrases like “RIP” on the crackers. Insert them upright on top of the taco dip.