The following recipe and photography were provided courtesy of Julia of A Cedar Spoon.
You’ll love this festive appetizer for the holidays featuring ham, cheese and cranberry sauce rolled and then baked in a crescent roll. These warm, savory rollups will be a big hit at your next get together!
Ham Cheese and Cranberry Rollups
- 1 tube crescent dough roll sheet
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce, divided (homemade or store-bought)
- 1/2 pound Kretschmar Off The Bone Ham, thinly sliced
- 5 slices cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- 5 slices mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- Garnish with fresh parsley, extra cranberry sauce and poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Roll out your crescent dough on a large cutting board into a large rectangle. (You are basically just unrolling the whole dough and instead of pulling the small triangles apart, you will leave the sheet of dough in a large rectangle.)
- Use a brush or the back of a spoon to spread a thin layer of cranberry sauce on the dough. Top with the cheese, alternating between cheddar and mozzarella. Top with the ham.
- Beginning with the long side, roll the dough. Close the edges together and put the seam down on the cutting board. Cut the ham rollup into 10 to 12 pieces depending on how large you want them.
- Place the rollups in the baking dish making sure to leave a small amount of space between each so they can rise and get crispy.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Garnish with extra cranberry sauce, fresh parsley and poppy seeds.