The following recipe and photography were provided by our partner, Melissa’s Produce.
Turn up the heat on traditional chili by adding fresh Hatch Chiles to the ingredient list! Made in one pan in a matter of minutes, a bowl of this deliciously zesty Hatch Pepper chili is exactly what you’ll crave during the Fall days ahead.
- Total time:
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 bottle porter beer
- 2 New Mexico Hatch Peppers, roasted, peeled, seeded and diced
- ¾ lb. ground beef
- ¾ lb. brats, casing removed
- 2 14.5 oz. cans whole tomatoes
- 3 packages or cans kidney beans
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp. chipotle chili pepper powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Add the onions, bell peppers, celery and garlic. Cook until heated through and onions are translucent.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to blend. Serve hot.