This recipe and photography were provided by local blogger Abby Thome of The Thome Home.
Step aside s’mores, you have officially lost the competition as the number one summer campfire food! Did you know you can make ramen noodles over a campfire? All you need is a grill grate, heavy-duty foil and a handful of ingredients for a gourmet dish that will change the way you think about campfire food!
In a nutshell, this recipe is basic ramen noodles, straight out of the package, loaded with veggies and shrimp and covered in Two Brothers Island Soy Sauce. The foil packets are folded up tight and placed over the heat to allow the simmering sauces and steam to cook the noodles and vegetables perfectly. Use your imagination and switch up the ingredients. If you don’t have a campfire, don’t sweat it! This dish can be made in the oven, too.
For the recipe, the only ingredient you will measure is the sauce. This is intended to be customizable, so add as many toppings as you want!
For the Packets
- 5 ramen noodle packages, omit the seasoning packet
- Baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- Pineapple, diced
- Frozen shrimp, thawed
- Green onion, chopped into 3-inch pieces
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup water (depending on how many toppings are in each packet)
For the Sauce
- 3/4 cup Two Brothers Island Soy Sauce
- 1 cup water
- 3 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
For the Spicy Mayo Drizzle
- 1 cup Mayo
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 3 Tbsp. sriracha
- Create two large sections of heavy duty foil. Lay one horizontally on a flat surface and lay the second piece on top vertically.
- To create a square in the middle of the foil, raise each side and pinch four corners to create a packet. Ensure that all of the sides are standing straight up with the square foil as the base.
- Break apart 1 1/4 package of ramen noodles and add them to the center of the foil square.
- Add the sliced mushrooms, pineapple chunks, thawed shrimp and green onion.
- Repeat with remaining foil packets.
- In a mason jar, shake all of the sauce ingredients together. You can also whisk them together in a mixing bowl.
- Distribute the sauce evenly among all four foil packages and add an additional 1/4 cup of water to each. If you load your foil packet heavily with toppings, add extra water, up to 1/2 cup.
- Take each side of the foil that is standing and gather it in the middle creating a tight pouch with no openings. Pinch the tops to ensure it is closed.
- Over a campfire with a grill grate safely place the packets on for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from the fire and allow to cool for a moment. Be careful when breaking the seal for steam will escape.
- Give each packet a good stir and add an extra drizzle of the Two Brothers Island Soy sauce.
- Top with as much or as little Spicy Mayo Drizzle as you like and add extra green onion to garnish!
Note: If you are making these in the oven, preheat the oven to 400˚F and bake for 25-30 minutes.