Fruit and Herb Champagne Cocktails
This recipe and photos were provided by Sally Roeckell of Table and Dish and were originally published at 365Barrington.com.
There’s still more celebrating to do! This year we’ll be toasting with champagne cocktails infused with fresh herbs and fruit from Heinen’s produce department. Grapefruit and sage or blackberry and thyme are a great place to start.
Grapefruit & Sage Champagne Cocktail
For the Simple Syrup
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of water
- 2 bunches fresh sage leaves
For the Cocktails
- 2 parts pink grapefruit juice
- 1 part sage simple syrup
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
- 2 parts champagne or sparkling wine
- Fresh sage leaves
- Simmer water, sugar and sage until sugar is dissolved. Let cool.
- In a shaker, mix ice, grapefruit juice, simple syrup and bitters.
- Shake then pour into a champagne glass.
- Top with champagne.
Blackberry & Thyme Champagne Cocktail
For the Blackberry Syrup
- 1/3 cup blackberries, plus 8 more for garnish
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
For the Cocktail
- 1 bottle of Prosecco or champagne
For the Garnish
- 4 sprigs of thyme
- In a small saucepan, bring the blackberries, water and sugar to a boil.
- Turn the heat to low and let simmer for 10 minutes. Strain blackberries and let syrup cool.
- Add 2 Tbsp. of syrup to the bottom of each glass.
- Top with champagne and add in a sprig of thyme and 2 blackberries.