Recipe, video and photography provided by Heinen’s partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
There’s nothing more classic than a fresh-baked apple pie!
With apples in peak season, I am whipping up a crowd-pleasing homemade apple pie with the help of Heinen’s premade dough.
- Total time:
- 8 medium-size assorted apples (about 3 ½ - 4 lbs.), peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar + more for sprinkling
- 2 premade or homemade pie dough rounds
- 1 egg, whisked
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the apples, butter, lemon juice, cinnamon, flour and ¾ cup of sugar until completely combined. Set aside.
- Roll out one of the pie-dough rounds on a clean surface dusted with flour until it is about 2”- 3” larger in diameter.
- Transfer the rolled dough to a 9” fluted pie pan, or regular pie pan, and form it to the pan folding the outside of the pie dough inwards and underneath the outside pie pan edge.
- Add the coated apples to the center of the pie pan and spread out to flatten.
- Place the other pie dough round on top of the apples and press down onto the pie dough on the outside of the pie pan to form together.
- Brush the top of the pie with the whisked egg and sprinkle on more sugar.
- Make 4 3”- 4” slices into the top of the pie and bake at 375°F for 50-60 minutes or until browned and cooked through out.
- Allow the pie to cool to room temperature before serving.