Recipe, video and photography provided by Heinen’s partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
Whether you’re hosting a fiesta or enjoying Taco Tuesday with the family, you simply must have this deliciously simple guacamole on the table! I personally call it “the most delicious guacamole of all time.”
Made from a bounty of vibrant veggies, your taste buds will be transported on a zesty flavor exploration!
To start off this recipe, you will need to peel and seed your avocado. Simply slice it right down the center while constantly turning the avocado until it splits in half. Now, take one half of the avocado with the seed in it under a towel in one hand strike the seek with a knife. Wiggle the knife back and forth to remove the seed.
Once the seed is removed, grab a bowl and a large spoon and carve out the inside of the avocado. You may have to go back in and remove some of the peel and that is totally fine.
To ensure that the green color of the avocados stays vibrant, squeeze in some lemon juice. This will also add great acidity. Using a hand masher, completely mash the avocado and lemon juice mixture until it is completely smooth.
Now it’s time to add extra flavor with yellow onions, tomatoes, jalapenos, cilantro, salt and pepper and my secret ingredient, cumin!
All that’s left to do is mix it all together until it is completely combined and serve it in a little bowl surrounded by your favorite corn tortilla chips.
There you have it! That’s all it takes to create the most delicious guacamole recipe of all time.
- 2 large peeled and seeded avocados
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and small diced
- ½ cup tomatoes, small diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chips, for serving
- Add the avocados to a large bowl with the lemon juice and mash with a hand masher until smooth.
- Add the onions, tomatoes, jalapeño, cilantro, cumin and salt and pepper and mix with a spoon until combined.
- Serve with corn tortilla chips.