The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
There’s nothing better than a simple, good-for-you grilling recipe in the summer. These Honey Lime Halibut Foil Packets are just that!
Featuring a simple honey lime sauce with garlic and ginger, fresh halibut fillets and crisp asparagus, the only thing better than the flavor of this dish is that you can throw away the cooking vessel after dinner!
Simply place all of the ingredients on a sheet of foil, seal it up, and you’re ready to go to the grill.
Once cooked, open up the packets and top the perfectly cooked fish and veggies with green onion and a drizzle of Heinen’s extra virgin olive oil. And don’t forget to serve a fresh baguette from Heinen’s bakery on the side.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen’s unsalted butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen’s olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen’s honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-inch piece of ginger, minced
- Zest of 1 lime
- Juice of 1 lime
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- 4 fresh halibut fillets
- Locally grown asparagus
- Green onion, for serving
- Heinen’s extra virgin olive oil, for serving
- Combine the butter, olive oil, honey, garlic, ginger, lime zest, lime juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Mix well.
- Cut 4 12-inch sheets of foil and fold into packets. Add the halibut and asparagus to each packet and brush with the honey lime mixture. Fold the packets and seal.
- Heat a grill over medium heat. Grill the packets for 10 minutes. Remove from the grill and open the packet. Garnish with green onion and drizzle with Heinen’s extra virgin olive oil.
- Serve with crusty bread from Heinen’s Bakery.