The following recipe and photography were provided by local blogger Carolyn Hodges of The Dinner Shift.
Perfect for backyard snack time, fueling up poolside or packing for road trips, Honey Nut Snack Bars are the simplest sweet and crunchy treat you’ll make all summer!
You won’t believe they only call for 3 main ingredients — cereal, almond butter and honey! I highly recommend using Heinen’s Organic Honey O Rings Cereal as the base for these bars. This cereal is super crunchy and won’t become soggy after it’s mixed with the almond butter.
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- ½ cup Heinen’s Fresh Ground Almond Butter
- ⅓ cup honey
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon (optional)
- 3 cups Heinen’s Organic Honey O Rings Cereal (not Honey Nut O Rings)
- Combine almond butter and honey in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly for 1-2 minutes until heated through and runny. Do not boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, cinnamon and salt.
- Place the cereal in a large mixing bowl and pour in the almond butter mixture. Use a wooden spoon to stir until the cereal is well-coated (mixture will be stiff).
- Transfer cereal to a parchment-lined 8×8-inch pan. Use clean hands to firmly press the cereal into the bottom of the pan.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes, then lift parchment from the pan and remove the paper. Cut into 16 squares.