The following recipe was created in collaboration with Lauren Schulte. To see more of her bites and meals, visit her Instagram @TheBiteSizePantry.
Everyone loves pizza, and what better way to add a fall twist to this Italian dish than with pumpkin?
In my eyes, the ultimate pumpkin pizza is both savory and sweet. These two Hot Honey Pumpkin Pizzas are exactly that!
Equally delicious as appetizers or entrées, these seasonal pies feature Heinen’s sweet pumpkin puree mixed with fall herbs and topped with savory sausage, prosciutto and a drizzle of hot honey. Served on crunchy crusts layered with a variety of white artisan cheeses, these pizzas bring the sweet and the heat!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
For the Pizzas
- 2 Heinen’s frozen cauliflower crusts
- 1 cup Heinen’s organic pumpkin puree
- 1 cup Heinen’s alfredo sauce
- ½ medium white onion
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. fresh sage leaves, minced
- 1 Tbsp. dry rosemary
- ½ Tbsp. fresh thyme, minced
- 1 ½ Tbsp. roasted garlic paste
- 6 slices prosciutto ham
- ½ lb. Heinen’s Italian ground sausage
- 4 oz. BelGioioso Pepato Asiago con Peppercorn cheese blend
- 4 oz. BelGioioso Pepperoncino Asiago con Chili Pepper cheese blend
- 1 cup BelGioioso salad cheese blend
For the Hot Honey Drizzle
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen’s honey
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- Preheat the oven to 450˚F. Brush the frozen cauliflower crusts with 2 Tbsp. of olive oil all the way to the edge. The crusts can be frozen or thawed – the bake time will not be affected.
- Bake the crusts at 450˚F for 7 minutes. Prebaking helps to crisp the crusts so they don’t get soggy from the sauce and toppings.
- While the crusts are baking, add the remaining 2 Tbsp. of olive oil to a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Slice the onion into long moons and add them to the saucepan. Allow them to sweat for 5 minutes until they are soft, but not translucent.
- Add the ground sausage to a medium-size skillet on the stove and season with salt and pepper. Brown the sausage and set it aside.
- To the same skillet, add the prosciutto. Cook the prosciutto in the sausage drippings over medium heat until crispy, about 10 minutes.
- While the prosciutto is cooking, remove the crusts from the oven and set them aside.
- To a small mixing bowl, add the pumpkin puree, alfredo sauce, thyme, rosemary, garlic paste, sage, cinnamon and nutmeg. Whisk to combine.
- Divide the sauce between the two crusts.
- Top with some of the cooked onions followed by the BelGioioso salad cheese blend.
- To one of the pizzas add some of the browned ground sausage followed by the BelGioioso Pepperoncino Asiago con Chili Pepper cheese blend.
- To the other pizza add some of the crispy prosciutto followed by the BelGioioso Pepato Asiago con Peppercorn cheese blend. Finish with a little more prosciutto.
- Place both pizzas back into the 450˚F oven. Turn the broiler on high and broil for 1-2 minutes until the top layers of cheese are fully melted.
- While the pizzas are finishing in the oven, mix together the honey, chili powder and cayenne pepper.
- Remove the pizzas from the oven and drizzle the hot honey over top.