The following recipe and photography is courtesy of Graham R. and his dog, Carl. For more of their delicious food ventures, visit them on Instagram @cookingwithcarrrl.
I’ve always wanted a brother and Heinen’s has my back and blessed me with not just one, but two brothers! That’s right, today we are chatting about Heinen’s Two Brothers brand. The name represents their dedication to delivering the highest quality goods at the best prices! These products all exceed Heinen’s quality standards and are hand-crafted by industry experts. Custom seasonings, sauces, brownies, coffee, gourmet nuts, I could go on and on, but today our focus is Two Brothers deli meats and cheeses!
Two Brothers meats and cheeses are always at the top of our shopping list. The baked ham and turkey-off-the-bone are the two best deli meats I have ever tasted. Freshly sliced, full of flavor and served with a smile, you just can’t beat it. So, it’s only right to make them the star of this Hoagie Dip.
This classic sandwich-turned-dip is perfect for a picnic or barbeque. It is packed full of Two Brothers deli meats, cheeses and fresh veggies, and it all comes together with a creamy Italian dressing. Don’t you question me yet; I didn’t forget about the bread!
Before you peruse the mouthwatering selection of deli meats, stop by the bakery for a loaf of bread to assemble this cold cut creation. Take your time and take in all the free smells. This is my daughter’s favorite stop. Cookies, cakes and candies galore! Focus. Today we are eyeing a round loaf of bread to create a bread bowl for this delicious dip. I went with French bread, but it was hard to pass up the Asiago-topped loaf! There simply are no wrong choices.
Time to break bread!
- Prep time:
- Total time:
For the Hoagie Dip
- 1/2 lb. Two Brothers deli ham, chopped
- 1/3 lb. pepperoni, chopped
- 1/3 lb. salami, chopped
- 1/3 lb. Two Brothers deli Turkey, chopped
- 3/4 lb. Two Brothers American cheese, chopped
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup banana pepper rings
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. fresh cracked pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 round loaf of French bread
- 1 additional bread loaf, for serving
For the Dressing
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the dressing. Whisk and add more salt or pepper to taste. Place in the refrigerator.
- Chop all of the ingredients for the hoagie dip and combine them in a large bowl. Feel free to use any other toppings you like! Black olives, feta, mushrooms and capicola are all right at home in this dip.
- Gently toss, breaking up the cheese slices and deli meats. Season with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Add the dressing and gently mix until everything is coated.
- Serve in a bread bowl with cubed bread and crackers for dipping. Enjoy!