- Total time:
The following recipes were developed by Heinen’s chef and shared live on Kickin’ it with Kenny.
Bourbon Cream Overnight French Toast Bake
Makes 8 Servings
- 1 loaf Irish soda bread or thick French bread
- 8 Heinen’s Large Eggs
- 2 cups Heinen’s Half & Half
- 1/2 cup Bourbon Cream or Baileys Irish Cream
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. Heinen’s Organic Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Heinen’s Pure Maple Syrup
- Heinen’s Organic Ground Cinnamon
- Whipped Cream
- Green Sparkling Sugar
- Spray a casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Arrange slices of bread in a 9X13 baking dish in 2 rows, overlapping the slices in a casserole dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, half-and-half, bourbon cream, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and maple syrup. Beat together until blended thoroughly.
- Pour mixture over the bread slices, making sure all are covered evenly with the milk-egg mixture. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, preheat oven to 350°F. Remove from refrigerator, leave the foil on and bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes.
- Sprinkle additional cinnamon, top with dollops of whipped cream and add green sparkling sugar.
- Serve with additional maple syrup.
Shamrock Fried Eggs
Makes 8 Servings
- 2 green bell peppers
- 8 eggs
- 2 tbsp. Heinen’s Butter
- Heinen’s Salt, to taste
- Heinen’s Black Pepper, to taste
- Slice the bell peppers into rings that are about 3/4″ thick, for a total of 4 rings per bell pepper.
- Melt half of the butter in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Place 4 of the bell pepper rings in the pan and turn once, after a minute. Crack an egg inside each bell pepper ring. Season the egg with salt and pepper.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook until the white is set and the yolk reaches your desired doneness. It should take about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the shamrock fried egg from the pan and serve while hot.
- Repeat with the remaining tablespoon of butter, 4 bell pepper rings and eggs.
Green Monster Blender Muffins
Makes 12 Servings
- 2 cups Heinen’s Old Fashioned Oats
- 2 Heinen’s Eggs
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, defrosted & squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup Heinen’s Milk
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray each muffin well with baking spray.
- Place all ingredients into a high speed blender. Blend until well combined and pourable.
- Pour batter into muffin tins and top with mini chocolate chips. Bake for about 20 minutes.
- When done, let cool for about 5 minutes in the muffin tin and then move to cooling rack.
Vanilla Matcha Latte
Makes 1 Serving
- 1 tsp. matcha powder
- 1/2 cup Heinen’s Unsweetened Almond Milk, warmed
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. Heinen’s Organic Ground Cinnamon
- Honey or sweetener, to taste
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a blender. Serve immediately.