The following recipes were developed by Heinen’s chef and shared live on Kickin’ it with Kenny.
Kid-Friendly Lunch Board
- Carrot sticks
- Bell peppers, sliced
- English cucumber
- Ranch dip
- Heinen’s Block Cheese, cut into strips
- Two Brothers Turkey, from the Deli
- Margarita sliced salami, from the Deli
- Mini dill pickles
- Heinen’s crackers
- Arrange all items listed above on a serving board so kids can help themselves.
Mac & Cheese Cups
- Heinen’s Prepared Macaroni & Cheese
- Heinen’s Italian Panko Breadcrumbs
- Heinen’s Shredded Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Fill each muffin cup with macaroni and cheese. Sprinkle the top of each cup with breadcrumbs and shredded cheese.
- Cover pan loosely with foil, making sure the foil does not touch cheese. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and remove the foil. Cool for at least 10 minutes before removing muffins from cups.
Parmesan Mozzarella Meatball Sliders
- 1 24 count package of Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
- 1 pkg. Italian meatballs, frozen (about 24)
- 1 24 oz. jar of Heinen’s Marinara Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups Heinen’s Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 4 Tbsp. Heinen’s Butter, melted
- 1 tsp. minced garlic (about 2 cloves)
- 1 tsp. Italian herbs
- 1/3 cup Heinen’s Grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- Preheat oven to 425˚F. Line a baking sheet (with edges) with aluminum foil. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Simmer the frozen meatballs with 1/2 cup of water. Cover and stir the meatballs occasionally until thawed and warmed all the way through (about 7-10 minutes.)
- Add the jar of marinara sauce, reduce the heat to medium and bring the sauce a meatballs to a simmer. Once simmering, remove from heat.
- Place the entire package of rolls on the lined baking sheet in one large piece/loaf. Using a serrated knife, slice the entire loaf horizontally, half way up the sides of the rolls. Remove the top half section of the rolls.
- Reserving the heated marinara sauce, place a cooked meatball on each individual roll section (24 meatballs.) Cover the meatballs with the shredded mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Top the cheese-covered meatballs with the top half section of the rolls.
- In a small dish or cup, combine the melted butter, garlic and Italian herbs. Brush the tops of the rolls with the butter mixture and sprinkle with the grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the cheese is just melted. Be sure to keep an eye on the bread so it doesn’t over-brown.
- Remove from oven and serve right immediately.