Kitchen Tip: 3 Ways to Use Fresh Tomatoes
- Total time:
Cream Corn Stuffed Tomatoes:
- 5 Roma tomatoes, tops cut off and hollowed out
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons small diced onions
- 2 ears trimmed corn
- 1 small seeded small diced jalapeño
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons bread crumbs
- salt to taste
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 10 small mozzarella balls
- 10 slices of prosciutto ham
- 10 leaves of fresh basil
- balsamic glaze
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons shredded asiago cheese
- 8 slices of toasted bread
- 16 slices of crisp cooked thick cut bacon
- 4 leaves of green leaf or bibb lettuce
- 16 slices of fresh vine ripe tomatoes
For the Stuffed Tomatoes:
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Add oil to a medium size sauté pan over medium-high heat and then add in the onions, corn and jalapeños and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Pour in the cream and cook over medium heat until thick, about 4 to 5 minutes. Think alfredo sauce.
- Season with salt and mix together. Transfer by evenly adding the corn mixture between the hollowed-out Roma tomatoes in a casserole dish.
- Sprinkle on bread crumbs and bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until bread crumbs are browned.
For the Kebabs:
- Add a cherry tomato, slice of prosciutto ham, mozzarella ball and fresh basil leaf onto a short skewer. Repeat until all ingredients have been used.
- Serve with balsamic glaze.
For the BLT:
- In a small bowl mix together the mayonnaise, asiago, basil, and salt and pepper until combined.
- Spread some of the mayo onto some toast and top off with bacon, lettuce, tomatoes and another piece of toast. Repeat until all ingredients have been used.