The following recipe, video and photography were provided by our partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
Lamb may seem intimidating to cook compared to everyday proteins like chicken and beef, but cooking ground lamb is as easy as browning it in a pan, which is exactly what happens when preparing these decadent Lamb Noodles!
Savory and juicy, this lamb meat is best paired with sherry and a thick noodle, like pappardelle. Complete this meaty pasta creation with bright red, smoky Fresno peppers and you’ll find yourself cooking with lamb every week!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 3 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 lb. ground lamb
- 1 red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 Fresno peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 tsp. fresh ginger, peeled and finely minced
- ¼ cup green onions, sliced
- ¼ cup mirin or sherry
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. oyster sauce
- 1 lb. Heinen's artisan organic pappardelle pasta, cooked
- Add the sesame oil to a large frying pan over high heat.
- Once the oil smokes, add the lamb and cook until browned and cooked throughout.
- Add the onions, peppers, garlic, ginger and green onions. Sauté for 2-3 minutes or until the onions are very lightly browned.
- Add the mirin, soy sauce and oyster sauce. Cook for 1 minute before adding the cooked pasta.
- Mix everything together and serve with optional sliced green onions and Fresno peppers for garnish.