The following recipe and photography were provided by our friends at Giumarra. To view their produce and fresh products, visit them at giumarra.com.
For real dough, if you’re looking for a way to trick the kids into eating healthy doughnuts, these are your best bet. Making them is as simple as can be, and in a matter of moments, you can have the perfect summertime snack for your children and friends! The sweetness of the lemonade apples will perfectly complement the savory butter of your choosing, and the flavors merge to form a refreshing snack that your whole family can enjoy throughout the summer.
Lemonade Apple Donuts
- 3 Lemonade apples sliced into ¼-inch slices
- ½ cup nut butter of choice
- ½ cup of your favorite nuts, seeds, and/or trail mix
- 1 lemon, for juice
- Cut Lemonade apples into ¼-inch slices and then cut out a small circle from the middle of each slice to create apple rings.
- Rub fresh lemon juice all over the apple rings to prevent browning.
- Spread the nut butter evenly on the top of each apple ring.
- Top it off by sprinkling with your nut and seed topping.