The following recipe and photography were provided courtesy of Julia of A Cedar Spoon.
Refreshing to eat and easy to look at, this Loaded Greek Quinoa Salad has all of the nutritional benefits and big flavor you crave.
Perfect on it’s own, in a rice bowl alongside hummus or paired with a pita, the briny olives, hearty chickpeas and garden’s worth of veggies tossed with a zesty dressing make this dish equally versatile and delicious!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
For the Salad
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds removed, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 1/3 cup roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1 medium English cucumber, diced
- 1/4 cup pepperoncini, chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup of artichoke hearts, quartered
- 3-4 radishes, sliced
- 5 green onions, white and green parts chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
For the Dressing
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- Rinse the quinoa under water using your hands to make sure it is rinsed well.
- In a medium pot, boil the 1 cup water. Add the quinoa and a 1/2 tsp. of salt. Bring to a boil.
- When the water begins to boil, turn the heat to low and simmer with the lid on for about 10-15 minutes, or until the water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork and let cool.
- While the quinoa cools, put the chickpeas, bell pepper, tomatoes, olives, roasted red peppers, cucumber, pepperoncinis, feta cheese, artichoke hearts, radishes, green onions, parsley, mint and dill in a large mixing bowl. Mix together until everything is combined.
- Add the pine nuts and mix well.
In a salad dressing container or Mason jar, combine the dressing ingredients and shake or whisk to combine.
- Once the quinoa has cooled completely, stir it in with the rest of the ingredients.
- Pour small amounts of the dressing into the salad and continue to mix until your desired flavor is reached. I like to save half of the dressing for leftovers.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate in an airtight container.
- This salad is the best the day you make it. If you have leftovers, store them in the fridge for 2-3 days, adding more dressing each time you eat it.
- Try using this quinoa salad as an addition to a pita, rice bowl alongside hummus or on its own.