The following recipe and photography was provided by recipe developer and food photographer, Ashley Durand of Plate & Pen.
It doesn’t take much convincing for me to eat a salad. In fact, I eat one almost every day for lunch, but a salad with Heinen’s fresh seafood makes my love grow even stronger!
One of my favorite sandwiches, aside from po boys and muffulettas, is a lobster roll. So, to make my traditional salad more interesting (and delicious) I added big chunks of fresh, responsibly sourced lobster meat from Heinen’s Seafood Department to my leafy greens and coated it all in a lobster roll-inspired dressing.
It wouldn’t be a salad without veggie toppings, so I stopped by Heinen’s Produce Department and picked up an assortment of fresh heirloom tomatoes, cucumbers and lettuce from their incredible selection of Midwest-grown produce.
I also grabbed a few peaches because I couldn’t stand the thought of missing out on stone fruit season!
If you’re thinking about enhancing your salad repertoire this summer, use this recipe and fresh, in-season ingredients from Heinen’s to make it happen.
- Prep time:
- Total time:
For the Lobster Roll Dressing
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. horseradish
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen's capers, minced
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. Heinen's paprika
- A pinch of Heinen's cayenne
- 1 tsp. hot sauce
- 1 tsp. Heinen's Dijon mustard
For the Salad
- 1 lb. fresh lobster meat
- 1 small shallot, julienned
- 1 peach, sliced
- 1 avocado, pitted and cubed
- 2 hearts of romaine, chopped
- 3 mini English cucumbers, chopped
- 2-3 heirloom tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp. pepper and Heinen's red pepper flakes, to sprinkle on top
- In a small bowl, mix together all of the lobster roll dressing ingredients.
- Toss the lobster meat in the dressing until fully coated.
- Add the remaining salad ingredients to a large serving bowl and toss.
- Mix in the dressed lobster, sprinkle on pepper and red pepper flakes and serve.