The following recipe and photography were provided by our partner, Yoko Segawa of Yoko’s Kitchen.
If you’re hosting a summer gathering or simply trying to beat the heat, this simple Mango Salmon Ceviche is the refreshing appetizer or snack you’re craving!
In its simplest form, ceviche is a seafood dish featuring raw fish that’s marinated in citrus juice, tossed with vibrant fruits and veggies and served with chips for dipping.
Don’t let the idea of eating raw fish intimidate you. The unique thing about ceviche is that although the fish is never cooked with a traditional heat source, it’s actually safe for consumption thanks to a chemical reaction that occurs during the marinating process.
While ceviche can be made with any variety of seafood, like scallops for shrimp, I chose to make mine with salmon for an extra boost of healthy omega-3s, and since it’s summer, I couldn’t help but add a hint of tropical flavor with fresh mangoes from Heinen’s Produce Department.
What are you waiting for? Let’s snack on ceviche all day!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 lb. Heinen’s frozen salmon fillets, thawed
- Juice of 6 limes
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Heinen’s extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- In a glass bowl, stir together the salmon and lime juice. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour to “cook” salmon.
- Once “cooked,” transfer the salmon and lime juice to a large, clean bow. Stir in the onion, mango, avocado, jalapeño, cilantro, oil and salt. Enjoy as a side, over salad greens, or with tortilla chips!