The following recipe and photography were provided courtesy of our friends at Wedderspoon.
Looking for an easy and refreshing treat that will make anyone’s taste buds sing? These Raw Lemon Bars are just what you’re looking for! Sweet and tart, this zesty dessert is best served chilled and with a refreshing drink like a mimosa!
Manuka Honey Lemon Bars
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yields 16 bars
For the Crust
- 3/4 cup raw cashew
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- 12 dates, soaked
- 1 Tbsp. filtered water
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. hemp seeds
- A pinch of sea salt
For the Lemon Topping
- 3 bananas
- 1/3 cup, plus 2 tbsp Wedderspoon Manuka Honey
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 4 lemons, juiced
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 3 scoops collagen peptides; omit if vegan
- In a food processor, combine and pulse together nuts and dates. Do this for about one minute, until well combined.
- Add water, hemp seeds and salt; pulse again until everything forms a paste-like texture. You should be able to take your fingers and press the mixture against the side of the processor, as it will hold together and resemble a crust.
- Transfer mixture to a parchment-lined pan (7×7 or 8×8) and press it down onto the bottom and slightly up the edges.
- Rinse and dry the food processor.
- Pulse together the lemon topping ingredients. This mixture should turn into a milkshake-like texture.
- Pour mixture over the crust and top with powder coconut flakes if you’d like.
- Cover the dish with plastic wrap and let it set in the freezer for 24 hours.
- When you are ready to eat the lemon bars, cut into squares with a knife after running the knife under hot water.
- Store in freezer.