The following recipe was created in collaboration with Lauren Schulte. To see more of her bites and meals, visit her Instagram @TheBiteSizePantry.
Have your pie and drink it too! I think that’s the saying, but either way, a slice of this pie tastes just like your drinking a frosted margarita!
This Strawberry Margarita Pie has an undeniably delicious salted pretzel and graham cracker crust. Blended just as smooth as the traditional frozen cocktail, this pie is both sweet and savory. If you prefer a mocktail over a cocktail, you can simply sub the tequila for more alcohol-free margarita mix.
This dessert is a cool summer treat that is meant to be enjoyed in multiple ways: in a glass, on a plate, or in a bite-size bar. No matter who you make it, you won’t be disappointed.
For the Filling
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk or full fat coconut milk
- 1 lime juice and zest
- 1 lime zest, for garnish
- 4 oz. Tres Agaves Organic Margarita Mix
- 2/3 cups strawberry puree, approximately 7-8 large ripe berries (extra, for garnish)
For the Crust
- 2 cups mini pretzels or sticks
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 5 Tbsp. melted unsalted butter or 5 Tbsp. Heinen’s organic coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. of water
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F and grease a pie pan.
- Add all of the crust ingredients to a food processor and pulse until a dough ball forms. If a ball shape doesn’t form that’s okay, just pulse until the mixture sticks together well enough to press into the pie pan. Bake crust for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- While the crust is baking, in a mixing bowl with a hand mixer, beat cream cheese on high until smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time, scraping down the sides as necessary. Beat in condensed milk, lime juice, lime zest and margarita mix and beat until combined. Add strawberries and beat again until completely combined.
- Pour filling into crust and bake for another 26-28 minutes. Edges should just start to brown and middle should no longer be jiggly. Once done, remove from the oven and allow pan to cool to room temperature. When completely cool, chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours, or in the freezer for 1 hour.
- When completely chilled, slice and enjoy!