The following recipe was created in collaboration with Lauren Schulte. To see more of her bites and meals, visit her Instagram @TheBiteSizePantry.
With colder months keeping us confined to our homes, my one pan baked zucchini and cod will take your taste buds on a trip to the coast.
Marinated in Mina red pepper sauce from Heinen’s international aisle, this dish is both fragrant and flavorful. If you’re someone who likes a meal that’s simple to prep and clean, or someone looking to omit meat from their diet, this dish is for you!
Interested in making this recipe? Order the ingredients online for Curbside Grocery Pickup or Delivery.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
For the Zucchini and Cod
- 2 5 oz. cod fillets
- 10 oz. jar of Mina red pepper sauce
- 6 medium zucchini, sliced diagonally
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
For the Garlic Herb Butter
- 4 Tbsp. Minerva Dairy garlic butter
- 1 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ Tbsp. dry oregano
- ½ Tbsp. dry red pepper flakes
- In a large skillet over medium-low heat, add the olive oil and heat until it starts to pop.
- To the hot oil, add the zucchini slices and cook for 3-4 minutes per side until golden brown. Cook them in batches to avoid overcrowding the pan. Place the zucchini slices on a paper plate or paper towel to drain the excess oil.
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F.
- Cover the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish in the Mina red pepper sauce.
- Make the garlic herb butter. Place butter in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 20-30 seconds, stirring occasionally until fully melted. Stir in the basil, parsley, red pepper and oregano and set aside.
- Once the oven is preheated, layer the zucchini (overlapping one another) on top of the Mina sauce.
- Place cod fillets on top of the zucchini. Brush each fillet with the garlic herb butter and bake for 15-17 minutes. Cooking time will vary based on the thickness of the fish.
- The cod is done when it flakes easily with a fork.
- When the cod is done, remove from the oven, sprinkle with fresh basil and enjoy.