The following recipe was created in collaboration with Lauren Schulte. To see more of her bites and meals, visit her Instagram @TheBiteSizePantry.
With colder months keeping us confined to our homes, my one pan baked zucchini and cod will take your taste buds on a trip to the coast.
Marinated in Mina red pepper sauce from Heinen’s international aisle, this dish is both fragrant and flavorful. If you’re someone who likes a meal that’s simple to prep and clean, or someone looking to omit meat from their diet, this dish is for you!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
For the Zucchini and Cod
- 2 5 oz. cod fillets
- 10 oz. jar of Mina red pepper sauce
- 6 medium zucchini, sliced diagonally
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
For the Garlic Herb Butter
- 4 Tbsp. Minerva Dairy garlic butter
- 1 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ Tbsp. dry oregano
- ½ Tbsp. dry red pepper flakes
- In a large skillet over medium-low heat, add the olive oil and heat until it starts to pop.
- To the hot oil, add the zucchini slices and cook for 3-4 minutes per side until golden brown. Cook them in batches to avoid overcrowding the pan. Place the zucchini slices on a paper plate or paper towel to drain the excess oil.
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F.
- Cover the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish in the Mina red pepper sauce.
- Make the garlic herb butter. Place butter in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 20-30 seconds, stirring occasionally until fully melted. Stir in the basil, parsley, red pepper and oregano and set aside.
- Once the oven is preheated, layer the zucchini (overlapping one another) on top of the Mina sauce.
- Place cod fillets on top of the zucchini. Brush each fillet with the garlic herb butter and bake for 15-17 minutes. Cooking time will vary based on the thickness of the fish.
- The cod is done when it flakes easily with a fork.
- When the cod is done, remove from the oven, sprinkle with fresh basil and enjoy.