The following recipe and photography were provided by local blogger Abby Thome of The Thome Home.
Looking for a festive breakfast to celebrate the upcoming spring weather? Look no further than these Matcha Green Tea Pancakes that are sweet, earthy and the perfect shade of pastel green.
So fluffy you might just mistake them for clouds, stack them high and top with butter, a drizzle of maple syrup or warm honey for the ultimate morning meal.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1.5 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 4 Tbsp. sugar
- 3 Tbsp. matcha green tea powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 2/3 cup milk or any plant-based milk alternative
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, sugar and matcha green tea powder.
- Add the vanilla, eggs, Greek yogurt and milk. Mix together until a thick batter forms.
- Over medium-low heat, spray a skillet with avocado oil. Pour 1/3 cup of the batter into a circle on the skillet.
- Once the center of pancake batter starts to bubble, flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and repeat until all of the batter has been used.
- Enjoy while warm.
Note: For an extra pop of green, feel free to add green food coloring to the batter.