The following recipe and photography were provided courtesy of Julia of A Cedar Spoon.
Elevate your dinner table with the irresistible flavors of the Mediterranean through this simple chicken Skillet!
Designed with back-to-school meals in mind, this recipe effortlessly combines convenience and taste, guaranteeing a weeknight favorite that will please the entire family.
The centerpiece of this dish is tender Pasturebird chicken breasts, complemented by the rich flavors of Heinen’s extra virgin olive oil and zesty lemon juice. The addition of fresh tomatoes, Heinen’s kalamata olives, and Heinen’s pimento stuffed green olives further elevates the taste profile, along with the delightful inclusion of Heinen’s artichoke hearts and capers.
Baked to perfection in a skillet, this chicken dish is topped with fresh herbs and feta cheese, adding a creamy finishing touch.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Quick and effortless: With just under 30 minutes of preparation time, you can have this savory Mediterranean Chicken Skillet on the table, leaving you with more quality time to enjoy with your loved ones during busy evenings. Serve it alongside lemon wedges, a side salad, potatoes, and crusty bread to soak up all the delectable juices for a wholesome and satisfying meal.
- Free to forage a fresh plot of land daily, Pasturebird chicken is setting new standards for the poultry industry and you can taste the difference! Ethically produced and highly nutritious, you’ll feel good about including Pasturebird chicken in your recipe.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 - 1 lb. package of Pasturebird chicken breasts
- 1 tsp. Heinen's paprika
- 1 tsp. Heinen's oregano
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Heinen's kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup Heinen's pimento stuffed green olives
- 1/4 cup Heinen's artichoke hearts
- 2 oz. Heinen's capers
- Fresh parsley and basil for garnish
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Feta cheese for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Mix the paprika and oregano together in a small bowl. Rub the mixture on each side of the chicken breasts. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat an oven safe skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil. Add the chicken breasts into the skillet and sear them on each side for 3 minutes.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, olives, artichoke hearts and capers. Tuck the lemon slices around the other ingredients.
- Put the skillet in the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until the internal temperature of 165°F.
- Remove and serve with lemon wedges, feta cheese and fresh parsley and basil.