The following recipe and photography were provided courtesy of Julia of A Cedar Spoon.
This easy Mediterranean Hummus Bowl is a great way to eat the rainbow!
Bursting with healthy ingredients like brown rice, hummus, feta cheese, chickpeas, roasted red peppers, tomatoes, cucumber, greens and fresh herbs, eating healthy has never been so delicious.
Easily customizable, this hummus bowl makes the perfect for lunch or dinner for your family!
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 container Heinen's cooked brown rice
- 1 15 oz. can Heinen's chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 10 oz. container Heinen's roasted red pepper hummus
- 2 cups feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 large English cucumber, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 cups greens of your choice
- 4-5 green onions, white and green parts chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Za'atar or sumac, to sprinkle over the hummus bowl
- Divide the cooked brown rice among four bowls.
- Divide the chickpeas, roasted red pepper hummus, feta cheese, roasted red peppers, olives, red onion, cucumbers, tomatoes, greens, green onions and parsley among the bowls.
- Sprinkle the za’atar or sumac on top of the hummus bowls.