The following recipe and photography was provided by recipe developer and food photographer, Ashley Durand of Plate & Pen.
There’s something about warm melted cheese paired with sweets that is so good to me. It’s probably because I’m obsessed with the perfect sweet and savory combos. This recipe is so easy and half of it is practically done for you.
You can absolutely make your own brioche or any sweet bread; however, I saw St. Pierre individually wrapped and bagged brioche Belgian waffles at Heinen’s, and had to pair them with melted brie.
I didn’t stop there. I also mixed in a few dollops of apricot preserves, pecans and homemade pomegranate drizzle for added sweetness and color. The result is heavenly!
For the Melted Brie Brioche Waffle Bites
- 4-6 slices of brioche, toasted and warmed (recommend St. Pierre Brioche Belgian Waffles)
- 1 wheel of brie
- Apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
For the Pomegranate Sugar Drizzle
- 8 oz. cherry pomegranate juice (or regular pomegranates)
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. corn starch in 1 Tbsp. cold water
- Heat oven to 360°F. Bake brie wheel, sans the paper wrapping, for 7 minutes.
- Warm the brioche during the last 3 minutes of the bake time or toast separately beforehand and warm during the last 2 minutes of the brie’s bake time.
- Remove cheese and brioche from oven.
- Cut the brie into quarters so the cheese oozes out.
- Layer the brie onto each brioche followed by the apricot preserves, pecans and lastly, the pomegranate sugar drizzle, if desired.