8 ears of un-shucked corn
1 cup of mayonnaise
¼ cup of sour cream or Mexican crema
2 finely minced cloves of garlic
zest and juice of 1 lime
2 teaspoons of chili powder
½ cup of crumbled cotija cheese
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the grill to high heat.
2. Add the corn un-shucked to the grill and cook for 20 to 25 minutes turning after 12-15 minutes. The leaves should be browned, and the corn cooked.
3. Remove from the grill and set aside.
4. In a medium-size bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic, lime zest, lime juice and salt and pepper until combined. Set aside.
5. Gently shuck the corn gently folding the leaves back but not separating it from the cob. Tie a knot around the husk using some butchers twine. Repeat.
6. Brush the shucked corn with the mayonnaise mixture on all sides and evenly sprinkle on the chili powder, cheese and cilantro. Serve.