The following recipe, video and photography were provided by our partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
Don’t know what to make for your next summer BBQ? Look no further than this simple and refreshing Mexican Street Corn Salad!
This popular rendition of an Elote Salad will be great for all of your summer gatherings and it’s easy to make thanks to Heinen’s frozen corn and a short list of fresh ingredients!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 2 bags Heinen’s frozen corn
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp. sour cream
- ½ cup crumbled cotija cheese
- Juice of 1 lime
- ½ red onion, peeled and small diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and small diced large
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add the frozen corn to a large pot of boiling water and cook for 2-3 minutes. Strain and cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, cheese and lime juice until combined.
- Add the drained cooled corn to the bowl with the mayonnaise mixture along with the remaining ingredients. Mix with a spoon until combined.
- Serve in a bowl and garnish with additional cotija cheese, cilantro and chili powder.