The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
Oh bring us a few of these Mini Boozy Figgy Puddings! A new spin on an age-old holiday dessert, these mini cakes simplify traditional figgy pudding and come together in a matter of an hour.
Each bite is moist, flavorful and so decadent! Don’t skip the boozy brown sugar sauce – it truly takes the flavor and texture to the next level.
Top with whipped cream and serve for a delicious and impressive holiday dessert that will have everyone feeling nostalgic.
Mini Boozy Figgy Pudding
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 6 Mini Figgy Puddings
For the Figgy Pudding
- 1 1/2 cups dried pitted dates, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried figs, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1 apple, peeled and diced
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 stick Heinen's unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup Heinen’s panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. Heinen’s ground allspice
For the Boozy Brown Sugar Sauce
- 1 cup Heinen's brown sugar
- 1 cup Heinen's half & half
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen's unsalted butter,
- Whipped cream, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Add the dates, figs, apricots, diced apple and water to a medium-size saucepan. Bring to boil over medium heat. Remove from the heat and add 1 tsp. of baking soda. Add the mixture to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- Cream the stick of butter with the sugar in a large bowl. Add the eggs and mix well. Add the flour, fruit mixture, panko breadcrumbs and allspice. Mix well.
- Pour the batter into six greased ramekins or a greased jumbo muffin tin. Bake for 25 minutes.
- While the pudding is baking, make the sauce by combining the brown sugar and half and half in a medium-size saucepan over low heat. Bring to a simmer. Let simmer 3 minutes, then add the orange liqueur. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat, add the butter and let cool.
- Remove the pudding from the oven and let cool.
- Top with sauce and whipped cream and serve.