This recipe and photos were provided by Sally Roeckell of Table and Dish and were originally published at 365Barrington.com.
These mini cheese balls or, as some would call them, goat cheese truffles are always a crowd-pleaser. One of my favorites for sure. The goat cheese is mixed with a bit of cream cheese, cinnamon and honey then rolled in chopped candied pecans, dried cranberries and parsley then drizzled with honey. I like to use pretzels instead of toothpicks so that I can eat it all.
Mini Cranberry Pecan Goat Cheese Balls
- 10 oz. goat cheese
- 6 oz. cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons honey, plus extra for garnish
- 1 1/2 cups candied pecans, chopped and divided
- 1 cup diced dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, beat goat cheese, cream cheese, cinnamon and honey until light and fluffy.
- Add 1/2 cup pecan chips, folding to combine. Set aside.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss together remaining pecan chips, dried cranberries and chopped parsley in the center of the parchment paper.
- Using a large cookie scoop, scoop out one round of cheese filling and toss in pecan mixture. Continue until all truffles have been rolled in coating. Refrigerate cheese balls until ready to serve. You can make these up to three days before, just make sure and store them in an airtight container.
- To Serve: Drizzle with honey, if desired. Serve with crackers, warm crostini or as is with a pretzel stick in place of a toothpick.