The following recipe, video and photography were provided by our partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
Dive into these deliciously flaky mini seafood-filled pot pies.
Swimming with Heinen’s frozen scallops and shrimp that are sautéed in savory bacon fat, this recipe packs a medley of flavors in each individual ramekin.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 5 strips Heinen's bacon, chopped
- 10 Heinen's frozen shrimp, peeled, deveined and large diced
- 1 cup Heinen's frozen bay scallops
- 1 Tbsp. Heinen's unsalted butter
- 1 bag Heinen’s frozen mixed vegetables
- 3 Tbsp. creamy sherry
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, whisked
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, cook the bacon until crisp. Set the bacon lardons aside.
- Add the shrimp and scallops to the pan with the rendered bacon fat and sauté for 1 minute.
- Remove the seafood and set aside.
- Add the butter to the pan along with the mixed vegetables. Sauté for 2-3 minutes, then deglaze with the creamy sherry. Cook until almost all of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Add the heavy cream and cook until it becomes very thick like alfredo sauce, about 7-10 minutes.
- Add the cooked seafood and crispy bacon lardons back into the pan. Season with salt and pepper and and mix until combined.
- Divide the filling between 6 6-oz. ramekins and set aside.
- Cut out large circles of puff pastry using a round cutter. Place the rounds over the top of each ramekin.
- Brush the tops of the puff pastry with the whisked egg, then bake at 425°F for 15-20 minutes or until well browned.