For the Herb Roasted Spatchcock Turkey:
1 11-12 pound turkey, thawed and giblets removed
2/3 cup of olive oil + 3 tablespoons
2 tablespoons each finely minced fresh rosemary, thyme and sage
1/4 cup of finely minced fresh parsley
6 finely minced cloves of garlic
1/2 finely minced shallot
Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
For the Turkey Fried Rice:
2 tablespoons of sesame oil
1/2 peeled and julienne yellow onion
3 peeled and thinly sliced carrots
1 cup of peas
1 head of julienne bok choy
4 cups of cooked jasmine rice
2 cups of cooked and chopped roasted turkey
1/3 cup of soy sauce
sliced green onions for garnish
1. Spatchcock Turkey: Preheat the oven to 350°.
2. Remove the backbone from the turkey using kitchen shears and lay it flat on a sheet tray lined with parchment paper. Set aside.
3. In a medium size bowl mix together the 2/3 cup olive oil, herbs, garlic and shallots. Set aside.
4. Drizzle the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil on both sides of the turkey. Season the turkey well on both sides with salt and pepper and drizzle on 1/2 of the herb mixture on both sides.
5. Lay they turkey skin side up, tuck the wings, and bake at 350° for 90 minutes.
6. Rotate the turkey after 45 minutes. Once the 90 minutes are up turn the heat up to 425° and cook for 15 minutes or until the turkey has reached 165° internal temperature.
7. Remove the turkey and place on a serving board or tray. Garnish with remaining herb-olive oil mixture.
8. Fried Rice: In a large wok over high heat add in the oil.
9. Next, add in the onions, carrots, peas and bok choy and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
10. Scoot the veggies over to 1 side of the wok and the eggs to the other side and scramble.
11. Once scrambled, mix the eggs into the vegetables and then add in the rice, turkey and soy sauce and cook for 2 to 3 minutes while mixing.
12. Serve the turkey fried rice with sliced green onions.
Recipe created by Chef Billy Parisi l Click here to print this recipe