- Total time:
Learn how to make Salmon with Cauliflower Rice then use leftovers to make a Spicy Salmon Salad. Two recipes in one, this new series is a serious time saver!
For the Salmon with Cauliflower Rice:
3 tablespoons of olive oil + 1 tablespoon
1 teaspoon of dry cumin
1 teaspoon of dry chili powder
¼ teaspoon of red pepper flakes
2-pound salmon fillet, skin on
2 12-ounce bags of Heinen’s Frozen Riced Cauliflower
juice of 1 lime
2 tablespoons of chopped fresh cilantro
Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
For the Spicy Salmon Salad:
juice of 2 lemons
½ peeled and small diced shallot
1 tablespoon of honey
1/3 cup of olive oil
6 packed cups of spring mix and baby spinach
½ cup of leftover cooked cauliflower rice
¼ peeled and thinly sliced red onion
2 blood oranges, segmented
1 peeled, cored and sliced avocado
8 ounces of leftover cooked spicy salmon
optional: ¼ cup each of sprouts and micro-greens
1. For the Salmon with Cauliflower Rice: Preheat the oven to 400°.
2. In a small bowl mix together the 3 tablespoons of olive oil, cumin, chili powder and red pepper flakes.
3. Transfer the salmon to a sheet tray lined with parchment paper and add the spicy oil mixture to the top and spread it on so that it covers the salmon completely.
4. Season the salmon with salt and pepper and bake in the oven at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
5. While the salmon is cooking add a large sauté pan to a burner over medium-high heat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and pour in the riced cauliflower. Cook for 4 to 6 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender. Season with salt and pepper and finish with lime juice and cilantro.
6. Serve the cauliflower rice with the salmon.
7. For the Spicy Salmon Salad: In a medium size bowl whisk together the lemon juice, shallots, honey and olive oil until combined. Set aside.
8. In a large serving bowl add in the spring mix, baby spinach and garnish with cauliflower rice, red onion, blood orange segments, avocado, leftover salmon and optional sprouts and micro-greens.
9. Dress with desired amount of lemon vinaigrette and serve.