The following recipe, video and photography were provided by our partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
Kick up the flavors of classic caprese with these easy Mozzarella Baked Tomatoes.
Featuring melted mozzarella, fresh basil and a crispy Italian breadcrumb mixture bubbling inside of ripe, juicy tomatoes, this appetizer is sure to be the hit of your next dinner party.
Mozzarella Baked Tomatoes
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 ½ cups breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbsp. fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp. granulated garlic
- 2 tsp. granulated onion
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 large tomatoes, thick-sliced
- 16 slices BelGioioso mozzarella
- 1 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a medium-size bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, oregano, parsley, garlic, onion, olive oil, salt and pepper with a spoon until completely combined. Set aside.
- Place the tomatoes on a parchment-lined baking sheet and season with salt and pepper.
- Evenly place the mozzarella, parmesan and breadcrumb mixture on each tomato.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes.