The following recipe and photography were provided by local blogger Abby Thome of The Thome Home.
With fall on the horizon, we will all be looking for different ways to incorporate apples into our favorite recipes.
If you’re in the mood for something sweet, turn the old fashioned oatmeal cookie into these No-Bake Caramel Apple Oatmeal Cookies. Seasonally relevant and packed with the perfect balance of sweetness and spice, you won’t be able to eat just one!
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 2 1/2 cups organic old fashioned oats
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 heaping cup Pink Lady apples, diced
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 4 Tbsp. honey
- 6 baking caramels, unwrapped and melted
- Melted white chocolate, for decorating
- Extra melted caramel candies, for decorating
- In a microwave-safe bowl, warm the honey and peanut butter for 30-50 seconds.
- In a large bowl, add the oats, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the melted honey and peanut butter mixture along with the 6 melted caramels to the oats and spices.
- Combine with a handheld mixer until the ingredients are fully incorporated and stick together.
- Fold in the diced apples.
- Scoop large mounds of the cookie dough using a cookie scoop and place onto a small parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Gently press down on each dough ball to flatten the tops.
- Place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to set.
- To decorate, drizzle melted caramel candies and white chocolate over top. Allow to set in the refrigerator and serve within 4-6 hours.