This recipe and photography were provided by local blogger Abby Thome of The Thome Home.
No-bake desserts are a treat created just for summer! Made in personal-size mason jars, these rich and refreshing key lime pie cheesecakes are not only no-bake, but easily portable, making them an ideal dessert for summer picnics or outdoor gatherings.
No-Bake Key Lime Cheesecake
- 3 8 oz. blocks of Heinen’s cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup key lime juice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 Tbsp. key lime zest
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- 2 sleeves of graham crackers (roughly 18-20 crackers)
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- In a large bowl with a handheld mixer, whip together the heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar for 4-5 minutes until the whipping cream has become thick and creamy. It should create light fluffy peaks when lifted from the bowl.
- In a separate bowl with a handheld mixer, mix together the cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, key lime juice, key lime zest and salt. Whip together until everything is creamy, about 3 minutes.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Set aside.
- To make the crust, place the graham crackers into a Ziploc bag and crush them until they are a sand-like consistency.
- Pour the crushed crackers into a bowl and stir in the melted butter and brown sugar. Stir together until everything is fully incorporated and the crackers are fully coated.
- In small mason jars layer the graham cracker crust on the bottom and push down gently. Pour the cream cheese filling over the crust and spread evenly. Decorate with fresh-cut key limes and a few pieces of the crust to finish.
Note: This dessert can also be made in a 9×13 baking dish or a classic parfait bowl.