The following recipe and photography is courtesy of Graham R. and his dog, Carl. For more of their delicious food ventures, visit them on Instagram @cookingwithcarrrl.
Every family has their favorite comfort food and in my family, its my mom’s lasagna. It’s the perfect meal, aside from the fact it takes hours to prepare! Well, not with this recipe, Momma!
This 30-minute pasta bake features all of the best flavors of lasagna without all of the labor! Meaty, cheesy and made in one skillet, what’s not to love?
This recipe gets its flavor from a few Heinen’s brand ingredients that are staples in my kitchen. First things first: Heinen’s organic tomato basil pasta sauce. Packed with fresh basil, it’s aroma will have you thinking you’re in a kitchen with a bunch of Italian grandmothers! This is a great substitute if you’re used to homemade sauce! We always keep a few jars in our pantry, and I suggest you do the same.
Every lasagna needs noodles, and Heinen’s has those covered, too. Instead of traditional lasagna noodles, I used Farfalloni (AKA bowtie pasta) from Heinen’s line of Italian-imported artisan organic pasta.
Time to make momma proud with this one-pan meal!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 1/2 lbs. Heinen's CARE Certified ground beef
- 16 oz. Heinen’s tomato basil pasta sauce
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 12 oz. Heinen’s artisan organic bow tie pasta
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup Heinen’s 24-month aged Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1/3 cup basil, chopped
- 1 cup Heinen's spinach, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. Heinen's garlic powder
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. Heinen's chili flakes, divided
- Place the ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and half of the chili flakes. Cook until browned. Drain about 3/4 of the beef fat.
- Add the pasta, tomato basil pasta sauce and water to the skillet. Stir and cover for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, stir again and cover for an additional 5 minutes.
- While the pasta is cooking, make the ricotta mixture. In a large bowl, combine the ricotta, parmesan, egg, basil, spinach, pepper and the other half of the chili flakes. Mix well.
- When the pasta is cooked, it’s times to add the cheese! Make a few small holes and place a spoonful of cheese in each, cover with noodles. After you place the hidden cheese pockets, Spoon four large dollops on top of the pasta and gently spread them out. Cover for 5 minutes, or until the cheese mixture is melted.
- Top with fresh Parmesan and serve with Heinen’s bread sticks. Enjoy.