- Total time:
Recipe and photography provided by Heinen’s partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
This easy-to-make, one pan zesty Lemon Shrimp Scampi is nothing short of delicious!
Whether you are cooking for family, friends or a special occasion, this shrimp scampi recipe will wow absolutely anyone. With only one pan used throughout the cooking process, this dish is the definition of easy cleanup, making it a homerun for not only your guests but you, too!
What is Shrimp Scampi?
Shrimp scampi is simply shrimp cooked in a garlic-butter wine sauce and served as is or with pasta, which is what I did in this recipe. It cooks in less than 15 minutes from start-to-finish and can feed up to 8 people.
What Ingredients do I Need to Make Shrimp Scampi?
The ingredients in this shrimp scampi are minimal and can always be found at your local Heinen’s Grocery Store.
- White Wine
- Lemon Zest
- Lemon Juice
- Salt and Pepper
What Kind of Shrimp Should I Use?
You can use whatever shrimp you’d like as long as it totals to 2 pounds. I prefer to use 26-30 deveined tail-on shrimp. I believe it looks the best and you also will be working with plenty of shrimp. For reference, when you see 26-30 on a package, it means that there are 26-30 shrimp per pound.
Heinen’s offers a wonderful assortment of fresh and frozen shrimp in a variety of sizes. You may like very small shrimp or even larger U-10 prawns in this shrimp scampi recipe. It is all up to you!
How do I Make Shrimp Scampi?
Start by rinsing your shrimp. Be sure to peel them if you purchased shell-on shrimp. Next, melt some butter and cook the shallots and garlic over low heat until they are translucent. This takes about 2-3 minutes. Add in the shrimp and cook for 2 minutes. Pour in the wine, zest in the lemon and add the lemon juice, salt and pepper, then cook for 3 more minutes or until the shrimp are done cooking and look pink. Serve with pasta and your meal is done in minutes.
Be sure to stop into your local Heinen’s to check out Zest Fest this February and March and print off this recipe now! You’ll want it after you shop their enormous citrus selection.
Lemon Shrimp Scampi
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, peeled and small diced
- 5 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 2 lbs. 26-30 peeled and deveined shrimp
- ½ cup dry white wine
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 lb. of cooked angel hair pasta
- Salt and Pepper and pepper to taste
- Optional Garnishes: red pepper flakes and chopped parsley
- Melt butter in a large pan over medium-low heat and cook the shallots and garlic until they are translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and cook for 2 minutes or until slightly pink.
- Pour in the wine and add the lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Cook for 3 more minutes or until the shrimp are cooked through and pink.
- Serve with pasta and optional garnishes.