The following recipe and photography for this post were provided by local blogger Abby Thome of The Thome Home.
If you love the classic flavor of spinach and artichoke dip, then belly on up to the table because this dish takes it to the next level. Perfect for a busy weeknight or a relaxed day at home with the family, the rich and creamy texture of this toothsome pasta is a delicious way to sneak vegetables and protein into the meals of even the pickiest eaters.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 6 oz. Heinen’s organic baby spinach
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 15 oz. marinated artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
- 1 12 oz. box of cavatappi pasta (or pasta of choice)
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 32 oz. Heinen’s low sodium chicken stock
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Red pepper flakes, for garnish (optional)
- Heat a large pot over medium heat.
- Coat the chunks of chicken breast with 1/2 tsp. kosher salt, 1 tsp. garlic powder and 1/4 tsp. black pepper.
- Add chicken to the pot with a Tbsp. of olive oil and cook until chicken is cooked through.
- Add diced onion and artichokes and stir until translucent.
- Pour in the chicken stock, heavy cream and pasta.
- Simmer over medium heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once a majority of the liquid is absorbed and the pasta is cooked through, add the spinach and let it wilt for just a minute, stirring it into the pasta.
- Stir in the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Serve warm and garnish with crushed red pepper flakes for a little heat.