The following recipe and photography were provided courtesy of Julia of A Cedar Spoon.
Elevate your appetizer game with our Parmesan Artichoke White Bean Dip.
Whether you need something to snack on or a satisfying appetizer for a tailgate, this refreshing dip tastes great with vegetables or chips! It also pairs well with this savory Bacon Cheddar Spaghetti Squash Fritters.
Why We Love This Recipe
- This recipe is made with items you might already have in your pantry or refrigerator! It takes a total of 10 minutes to make with minimal effort!
- Have you ever had Za’atar chips? If not, you’re missing out! Za’atar is a spice blend used in Middle Eastern and Mediterranean cooking and typically includes wild thyme, oregano, toasted sesame seeds and sumac. It’s very aromatic, flavorful and versatile. This dip was made for Za’atar chips! Pick up a bag made from Terranean Herbs and Spices at your local Heinen’s!
- This recipe has no limits! Add your favorite seasonings or more red pepper flakes for extra heat!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 15 oz. can of Heinen's cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 6 oz. Heinen's marinated artichoke hearts + 2 teaspoons of the marinade that the artichokes are in (optional for flavor)
- 1/2 cup Heinen's Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen's extra virgin olive oil
- 5-6 fresh basil leaves + more for garnish
- 1 tsp. Heinen's Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. Heinen's oregano
- 1/4 tsp. Heinen's crushed red pepper (optional)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon + lemon zest for garnish
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh basil, for garnish
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Za'atar, for garnish
- Place the white beans, garlic, artichokes and Parmesan cheese and marinade in the food processor and blend for 1 minute. Slowly add the 2 tbsps. of extra virgin olive oil as you run the motor and blend for another 1 minute or until the dip begins to become smooth and creamy. Add more olive oil if you want a smoother, thinner texture.
- Add the basil leaves, Italian seasoning, oregano, crushed red pepper and
lemon juice to the food processor and continue to blend for another 1 – 2 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Put the dip into a serving bowl and garnish with fresh basil, parsley and za’atar. Serve with Heinen’s crostini, pita chips and vegetables.
Notes: If your dip is too chunky add more lemon juice or extra virgin olive oil as need to thin it out. You want to be careful not to add too much liquid as it can water down the dip and make it too thin.
Store the dip in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.