This peach, halloumi and arugula salad is well-rounded and substantial, while still feeling light. It’s easy to prepare, and extremely flavorful. With each bite comes an explosion of flavors and textures.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 4 cups bread, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. chili flakes
- 8 oz. halloumi, chopped
- 7 cups arugula, rinsed and dried
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 peaches, sliced
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven 450ºF.
- Place the chopped bread onto a baking sheet and toss with 2 Tbsp. of olive oil, 1 tsp. of salt and 1 tsp. of chili flakes.
- Place the baking sheet into the oven and bake until the bread has browned and is nice and crunchy, roughly 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- While the bread is toasting, heat a frying pan on medium heat. Add a drop of oil and fry the halloumi on each side until golden, approximately 2 – 3 minutes per side. Remove from the pan and let cool.
- In a large bowl, toss the arugula with 1 Tbsp. of olive oil. You want a nice even coating. Add more if needed.
- Add the sliced peaches, cherry tomatoes and shallots to the arugula and toss.
- Season the salad with lime juice, salt and pepper. Taste and add more seasoning if needed. Add the toasted bread and the fried halloumi to the salad. Plate and serve.