Pecan Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 4 oz. cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup raspberry preserves with seeds
- With a handheld mixer, whip together the butter, cream cheese, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in a large bowl until light and fluffy (2 minutes).
- Add flour, salt and pecans
- Continue to mix until everything is fully incorporated
- Press the dough together into a ball. Wrap with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill before baking.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop dough, roll into a ball and place it on the cookie sheet.
- Scoop the remainder of the dough, placing each ball 2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Using either your thumb, a wine cork, or a small cap, press down in the middle of the cookie to create a well. This will cause the sides to spread just slightly.
- To fill the cookie with raspberry preserves, simply put the preserves into a Ziploc bag. Press all air out of the bag, forcing the preserves to gather in one corner. Snip the bottom corner of the bag and pipe the preservers to the brim of the well in each cookie.
- Bake at 350°F for 14-17 minutes until the cookies have set and are slightly golden on the bottom.
- Remove from the baking sheet and place on a cooling rack.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar once cookies are completely cool.