Recipe, video and photography provided by Heinen’s partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
Fudgy, gooey and extra chocolatey, these Peppermint Brownies from are made in the shape of a cake and channel all of the indulgent holiday flavor you crave!
- Total time:
- 10 Tbsp. melted unsalted butter
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 2 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 5 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- Peppermints, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the butter and sugar until combined.
- Whisk in the melted chocolate until incorporated.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and whisk to combine.
- Add the baking soda, baking powder, salt and flour and whisk to combine.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks until combined.
- Transfer the batter to a 9” springform pan prepared with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake at 350°F for 65-70 minutes for a fudgy center. For a more cooked inside, bake for 85-90 minutes.
- Garnish with optional melted chocolate and peppermints.