Add a little ray of sunshine to your dinnertime rotation with a homemade spin on traditional Chinese takeout!
Packed full of crisp veggies and hearty chicken, the key ingredient in this bright and flavorful bowl is Dole’s fresh, canned pineapple chunks. It’s a well-rounded meal with a little tropical flare that the whole family will love!
Speaking of well-rounded meals, don’t forget to enter our third annual Project Learning Garden contest, a program committed to helping young local children develop healthy eating habits!
Sponsored in partnership with Dole and Captain Planet Foundation, we will be gifting two local schools state-of-the art learning gardens for a one-of-a-kind, hands-on learning experience.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 can DOLE® Pineapple Chunks
- 1 medium green or red bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 medium onion, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup prepared sweet and sour sauce
- 2 Tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 4 cups cooked brown or white rice
- Drain pineapple. Reserve 2 Tbsp. juice.
- Stir pepper, onion and mushrooms in a large skillet with hot oil over medium heat until tender-crisp. Remove vegetables from skillet and set aside.
- Cook the chicken in the same skillet until browned. Add vegetables back to skillet with sweet and sour sauce, soy sauce, pineapple chunks and reserved juice. Heat through.
- Serve over cooked rice.