This burrito bowl is 100% plant-based, featuring ground and seasoned walnuts in place of ground beef. It’s quick, comforting and satisfying! This bowl also incorporates all seven Fx pillars and is one recipe you’ll want to keep on rotation.
Plant-Based Taco Bowl
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 4 cups chopped Buckeye Fresh lettuce
- 1 tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and seeded
- 1 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed
- 1 Heinen's Cooked Quinoa bowl or 1 cup cooked quinoa of your choice
- Sea salt and pepper
Walnut Taco Meat
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1/2 tbsp. cumin
- 1/2 tbsp. coriander
- 1/2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp. coconut aminos
- 1/4 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- Fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- Heinen's salsa
- The Dairy Free Co. sour cream
- True Made Veggie Sriracha
- Violife Cheddar Shreds
- Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- Tortilla Chips, optional
- Divide lettuce between two bowls.
- Heat avocado oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and add sliced peppers and onions.
- Sauté for 5-10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- While peppers and onions are cooking, add avocado to bowl and mash with fork. Mix in lime juice, cumin, and sea salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- To make the Walnut Taco Meat, add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse several times until crumbly. Be careful not to over-blend or you’ll get a big pile of mush.
- Divide peppers and onions, mashed avocado, walnut taco meat, beans and quinoa and layer on top of lettuce.
- Top with salsa, sour cream, cheddar shreds, sriracha and cilantro.
- Serve with a handful of tortilla chips on the side for scooping.