The following recipe was created in collaboration with Lauren Schulte. To see more of her bites and meals, visit her Instagram @TheBiteSizePantry.
Fresh and flavorful, this seasonal salad is a great way to pack superfoods into the hefty rotation of holiday comfort food.
Topped with in-season pears and colorful, juicy pomegranate arils, serve this vibrant green salad as a side on your holiday table or as a festive weekday lunch!
- 1/2 cup raw pecans, chopped
- 5 oz. Heinen's arugula
- 2 oz. (about 1/2 cup) goat cheese or feta, crumbled
- 1 large ripe Bartlett pear, thinly sliced
- 1 Honeycrisp or Gala apple, thinly sliced
- Seeds (arils) from 1 pomegranate, about 1 cup
- 1/3 cup Bragg Ginger and Sesame Dressing
- In a skillet over medium heat, toast the pecans. Stir often until they become fragrant and start to turn golden on the edges, about 4-5 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Arrange the arugula across a large serving platter. Sprinkle the chopped pecans and crumbled goat cheese over the arugula.
- Fan out the slices of pear and apple and arrange them across the salad in sections.
- Sprinkle all over with fresh pomegranate arils.
- Wait to dress the salad until ready to serve, then drizzle the ginger dressing lightly all over the salad.
- Serve immediately.