It’s super simple to make this taco dinner and your family will think it’s super delicious.
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 2 tomatoes, cored and cut into small dice
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons to 1/4 cup minced pickled jalapeño (depending on how spicy you like it)
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 pork tenderloin from the master recipe, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 vegetables from previous recipe
- Twelve 8-inch flour tortillas
- 2 avocadoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 1 lime, quartered, for squeezing over the assembled taco
- In a medium bowl, combine the tomato, shallot, garlic, jalapeño, cilantro and lime juice. Toss together along with a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Taste and season with more salt, pepper, jalapeño or lime juice if it needs it.
- Warm the pork and vegetables in the microwave for about 1 minute or until hot. Wrap the tortillas in a dish towel and microwave for 20 to 30 seconds or until they’re warm and pliable.
- In separate bowls, arrange the pork, vegetables, salsa, avocado, cheese, tortillas and lime on the table and let everyone make their own tacos just the way they like them.